Moringa: What is it and How Can it Help New Moms?
- August 10, 2021
Sleepless nights and emotional ups and downs are so common right after having a baby. And although there is no magic wand that will make your baby sleep more, there are certain foods or supplements that can lend a helping hand to get you through those early, blurry days.Moringa is a type of tree that is native to India. Moringa trees have small white flowers with a greenish-yellow center. As a supplement, Moringa has been used throughout history for its health-promoting properties. It’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. And beyond these health benefits, Moringa may be even more beneficial for new moms because it can help boost milk supply.
What are the health benefits associated with moringa supplements?Moringa has been used for centuries to treat various ailments, and it is still a popular natural remedy today. Some health benefits that are associated with moringa supplements include:
- Helps to reduce inflammation and joint pain. Aches and pains from nursing and holding a baby are super common for new moms, so Moringa may help alleviate some of this.
- High antioxidant content to fight against free radical damage. Free radicals are created as a natural byproduct of metabolism but also from exposure to environmental toxins. They are highly reactive and can cause damage to cells if not balanced by antioxidants that help clean them up.
- Supports healthy energy levels as well as mental clarity from B vitamins and vitamin A.
- Rich in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant and critical for a healthy immune system.
- Supportive for healthy cholesterol levels.